Classroom Course Introduction
It is the responsibility of all team leaders and supervisors in the workplace to ensure the health and safety of their team. This is why it is necessary to have the most up to date health and safety training before work commences.
This CCNSG qualification is a one day training session that has been created for team leaders and supervisors – in order to improve their skills when it comes to health and employee safety in their professional working environment. This course provides additional training in addition to the standard CCNSG course, because team leaders take on such an important role in establishing and enforcing proper health and safety practices and procedures in the workplace.
Duration and Location
The duration of the course is one day, as the workshop is designed to provide the most essential introduction a supervisor would need when managing a small team – according to the Health and Safety guidelines of the Engineering Construction Industry. The course can be held at your company’s premises, or at one of our conveniently located venues.
Participants in the course must have:
- A current CCNSG Safety Passport
- A solid understanding of the written and verbal English language
- A photo ID and a National Insurance Number
- Two passport sized photographs
What Does the Course Cover?
This course provides several essential learning outcomes, which are essential to the creation of a healthy and safe working environment. The one day workshop provides participants with the skills and knowledge they need to manage a small team in a safe way. Here are some of the information and skills that the course will cover:
- Interpersonal skills, such as the ability to make a plan and direct a work task safely
- Leadership skills, essential for setting a positive example for a healthy and safe workplace
- An understanding of the many hazards in the workplace and how to assess and prevent them
- An awareness of the responsibilities a manager has for creating a safe and productive workplace
- A knowledge of the guidelines set in place for achieving a safe working environment
- Strategies for leading a team in an effective way
- The concepts of “The Team”, “The Job”, “The Plan”, as well as the “The Good Job”
The CCNSG Leading a Team Safely course will cover these topics and more in an engaging and interactive way, so that it can give managers a solid understanding of their important role in health and safety and how they can promote a safe workplace.