E-learning Course Introduction
The IEMA Certificate in General Management e-learning training covers all the areas of knowledge an individual requires to become an Associate IEMA member. The course is designed to raise the professional competence of environmental practitioners, covering environmental sustainability, assessment, interpretation and management of environmental performance and environmental legislation.
Course Key Facts
The IEMA Certificate in General Management e-learning course includes access to multimedia for 6 months comprehensive course materials, assessment, Certificate and tutor support.
This IEMA Certificate in General Management e-learning course is designed to take you through the course step by step utilising engaging interactive learning materials, animations, activities, quizzes, case studies and scenarios, supplemented by comprehensive course notes and links to useful sites and other resources.
Flexibility to Suit Your Needs
- Flexibility and 24/7 access – start at any time and work at your own pace at a time and place that suits you.
IEMA Course Examinations
- The exam is attended online. Course attendees can therefore sit the examination in the comfort of their own home or workplace – please enquire for further information.
- Progress and practice – multiple-choice/essay style practice exam questions with guided tutor answers to prepare you for the exam
Collaboration with Professionals
- Unlimited support – email and discussion forum support by fully qualified environmental tutors.
- Appreciate how global and local environmental issues evolve, and identify why and how they can be incorporated into the management of an organisation.
- Understand in general terms the impacts of societal activities on the earth’s natural systems.
- Outline practical ways in which an organisation can reduce its impacts, both strategically and operationally.
- Understand inter-relationships of the environmental, economic, social and ethical aspects of sustainability.
- Understand in general terms the structure of the regulatory process.
- Determine the key environmental legislation, agreements and initiatives relating to an organisation and their relevance to operations.
- Instigate management controls to ensure that operations do not pollute and compliance is maintained.
- Design and implement processes for the assessment, interpretation and management of environmental performance.
IEMA Associate Certification
Successful completion of the course leads to Associate Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management (IEMA).There is a single examination which is divided into papers1 and 2. Course attendees are advised to sit paper 1 at the end of module 7 and paper 2 at the end of module 14, i.e. the final module.
IEMA membership for the first year is included in the course fees.
Alternative Classroom Learning
The IEMA Certificate in General Management course is also available in the form of face-to-face learning in a classroom environment