Falling from a height is the most likely cause of a workplace fatality, according to the HSE. It is the reason for death in nearly 3 out of every 10 fatal accidents in the workplace. Knowing this, it is essential that employees know how to plan and manage job tasks so that they can avoid falling from heights. There are many health and safety procedures that can be followed in order to prevent fatal falls. This health and safety course is designed to provide employees with this valuable information.
The Introduction to Working at Heights course will include the following:
- The Work at Height Regulations – published 2005
- The hierarchy of control when working at a height
- Safety requirements and safe work procedures
- How fall arrest systems and work restraints are designed to operate
- How hard hats and bump caps should be worn
- The legal regulations when it comes to head protection
To learn more about this Introduction to Working at Heights training course and the valuable safety information it includes, feel free to contact us at any time.