Working with food requires strong health and safety ethics and knowledge. Food safety and hygiene training is essential and the IOSH Food Safety Foundation in Catering course is a great starting point. During the online training you will learn everything you need to know about the basics of food handling.
IOSH Food Safety Foundation in Catering Course Overview
There are five modules which are:
- Introducing food safety and why it’s important
- The law surrounding food safety for businesses and food handler
- Reporting and keeping records
- Learning the principles of risks and hazards
- Hazards and risks
- Sources, effects and hazards of food
- Learning how risks arise
- Learning how to control temperature
- Refrigeration and cold handling
- Heating and hot handling
- Preserving food and storage
- Personal hygiene for food handlers
- Work areas
- Equipment and food premises
- Controlling pests
The IOSH Food Safety Foundation in Catering course is perfect for anyone entering a position which involves food handling. The training is offered online for the candidate’s convenience. The IOSH is the Chartered body of health and safety professionals. The course and certificate is fully recognised making this an ideal option for anyone working with food with no previous training.
The total hours of training for this qualification are approximately six to seven hours. As this is an e-learning course delivered online you can take up to six months to complete the training. This time cannot be extended.
Once you have completed the course online you will be given an assessment to complete. If you are successful you will be awarded with the IOSH Food Safety Foundation in Catering certificate.
By employees attending this online food hygiene course employers are able to prove that they are providing safety training for anyone handling food within the company. This is essential and demanded by law, and it also helps to reduce incidents within the workplace.
Minimum PC Requirements
- Internet Explorer v6 and Flash v8 or higher.
- It is also necessary to remove the Google toolbar
- Please note this course is compatible with MAC computers.