E-learning Course Introduction
Working with food requires strong health and safety ethics and knowledge. Training is essential and the IOSH Food Safety Foundation course in Catering is a great starting point. During the course you will learn everything you need to know about the basics of food handling. There are five modules which are:
- Introducing food safety and why it’s important
- The law surrounding food safety for businesses and food handler
- Reporting and keeping records
- Learning the principles of risks and hazards
- Hazards and risks
- Sources, effects and hazards of food
- Learning how risks arise
- Learning how to control temperature
- Refrigeration and cold handling
- Heating and hot handling
- Preserving food and storage
- Personal hygiene for food handlers
- Work areas
- Equipment and food premises
- Controlling pests
Who is the IOSH Food Safety Course Aimed Towards?
The IOSH Food Safety Foundation course is perfect for anyone entering a position which involves food handling. The course is offered online for the candidate’s convenience.
Gain a Recognised Qualification of Exceptional Quality
The IOSH is the Chartered body of health and safety professionals. The course and certificate is fully recognised making this an ideal option for anyone working with food with no previous training.
Foundation Food Safety Course Duration
The total hours of training for this qualification are approximately six to seven hours. As this is an e-learning course delivered online you can take up to six months to complete the training. This time cannot be extended.
Assessment and Success
Once you have completed the course online you will be given an assessment to complete. If you are successful you will be awarded with the IOSH Food Safety Foundation certificate.
Benefits for Employers
Employers are able to provide health and safety training for anyone handling food within the company. This is essential and demanded by law, and it also helps to reduce incidents within the workplace.
Alternative Classroom Learning
If you would prefer to study a basic food safety certificate in a classroom environment, try our nationally recognised and accredited CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering course
Minimum PC Requirements
- Internet Explorer v6 and Flash v8 or higher.
- It is also necessary to remove the Google toolbar
- Please note this course is compatible with MAC computers.