Classroom Course Introduction
This IOSH training course is aimed toward those who are responsible for environmental issues within their organisation, in compliance with legislation, best practices and policy.
What Does the Course Include?
While attending this environmental course, you will learn:
- How to identify hazards in the environment both from a general and organisational perspective.
- How to apply advice on good management principles and practice in relation to environmental issues.
- Techniques for communicating environmental practices to all levels of staff, including senior management.
- How to introduce environmental reviews while taking into account good practice.
- How to explain the component parts of the environmental management system, including ISO 14001.
- How to recognise that appropriate and adequate information, supervision and training that is related to environmental issues is necessary for employees.
- Identifying the responsibilities that are related to environmental legislation and compliance.
How Long is the Course?
This course lasts for 5 days.
How is the Course Assessed?
There is a short written exam and a practical assessment, which must be successfully completed for an IOSH certification. When the course has been successfully completed, you will receive an IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities certificate. The certificate will be shipped to you approximately 12 weeks after the end date of the course.