All managers and supervisors have a duty to know and comply with the laws regarding health and safety within the construction industry. This classroom based IOSH Managing Safely in Construction course will provide you with excellent training to ensure you understand and are able to implement excellent health and safety management on any construction site you are working on.
IOSH Managing Safely in Construction Course Overview
By the end of the construction safety training all successful candidates will leave with excellent skills in the following areas:
- Being able to understand the health and safety legislations codes of practice and guidance notes that are relevant for site managers. You will learn how the impact on your responsibilities and learn how to comply with the regulations and legislations.
- Distinguishing between the responsibilities of clients, contracts and sub-contractors as well as employers and employees
- Verifying competence in other workers
- Understanding risk assessments and the importance of controlling risk. You will learn the risk rating systems and how to spot and identify any risks and hazards in the construction industry
- Understand and describe unsafe work, acts and conditions
- Select the best precautions that relate to the hazards and record the results discovered by carrying out risk assessments and carry out reviews
- Understand and know the principles and the statutory requirements of recording, reporting and investigating incidents and accidents
- Understand vital active monitoring
- Have the skills required to communicate with employees and their representatives and spot training needs
The course in accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). The training is aimed towards managers and those in senior on-site positions. The IOSH Managing Safely in Construction certificate is issued by the Institution of Occupational Health and Safety. This is a recognised qualification within the construction industry and a great addition to any CV.
The duration of the IOSH course varies depending on the location and the date of the training you choose. Expect to spend four to five days being trained. You can take the construction site safety course at a training centre or on-site training is available.
During the training delegates will need to pass a short answer test. Once the course has concluded you are provided with a practical written assessment that must be handed in two weeks after the course ends. Provided your pass and your written assessment is handed in on time you will be sent you IOSH Managing Safely in Construction certificate approximately 16 days after the course ends.
Employers can help to minimise the risk of accidents on the workforce by sending their managers on this training course. All employees that pass the assessments will be fully qualified and understand how health and safety can be effectively managed on-site.
We offer a version of this course which does not include the construction module for individuals who do not work in the construction industry. View the popular IOSH Managing Safely qualification.