The skills taught on this classroom version of the IOSH Managing Safely course will help to establish a strong knowledge surrounding occupational health and safety. Workplaces need to be carefully controlled and managed to try and reduce the risks surrounding the work force and the public. You can transfer the skills and knowledge taught on this course with ease and will help any manager or supervisor to contribute and control to a safer working environment.
IOSH Managing Safely Course Overview
The core elements taught throughout the IOSH Managing Safely course are as follows:
- How to recognise the hazards in the workplace
- Producing and recording risk assessments
- How to recommend control measures that have been created through the findings of risk assessments
- Offer managing practices and principles as part of the complete management strategy
- Planning, creating and implementing actions and working methods which meet with the objectives of health and safety in the workplace
- How to investigate and report accidents and incidents where someone was injured or something was damaged to help discover the causes
- Recognise and account for the risks from ergonomic factors
The IOSH Managing Safely course is aimed towards managers and supervisors and is accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). The resulting health and safety certificate is issued by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health. This is a recognised qualification that can be used to prove you have been trained in managing health and safety in the workplace..
In order to pass the IOSH Managing Safely course you will be tested in a couple of ways. Firstly you will need to pass the objective test which is a series of short answer questions provided during the course dates. Secondly you are required to submit a practical assessment based in the workplace. This is completed after the course and must be handed in on time in order to pass.
You can decide to attend this tutor led IOSH Managing Safely course which will require attending a nearby centre for a minimum of three days depending on the course you choose. You also have the option of taking the IOSH Managing Safely E-learning course at your own speed and in the comfort of your own home or workplace.
Employers will gain qualified staff with a formal certificate that shows they are capable of managing health and safety in the workplace. You can show you are working towards complying with the health and safety laws and reduce the risk of costly accidents occurring on your premises.
All IOSH course materials and work books are provided for the duration of the training.
If you would like to study further we recommend the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. This is the natural step forward for individuals who want to take on more responsibility for health and safety in the workplace or pursue a career in occupational safety.