Classroom Course Introduction
This IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors course and qualification has been created for anyone who holds the role of executive or director in a wide range of industries. If you hold the responsibility for health and safety within your organisation, this course is for you. On this one day course you will learn about how to effectively manage safety and health in the workplace, so that you can monitor the success of the program.
What Are the Objectives of the Training?
When you complete the course you will be able to:
- Explain why top management level employees should be conscious of health and safety.
- Understand how to make a plan for health and safety and implement a policy.
- Comprehend why it is important to figure out an effective system for managing safety in the workplace.
- Why leadership is so important for creating a safe on the job culture.
- How to set targets and work towards performance goals.
This course will also cover:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act Model of the HSG65 Plan.
- The reasons why health and safety management is important from a financial, moral and legal standpoint.
Who Should Take This Course?
This is a course that is suited ideally to senior managers, directors and executives within several different sectors. It will replace the IOSH Directing Safely course as well as Safety for Senior Executives.
Delivery of Course Materials
All of the course materials for this qualification will be available via a workbook, which will include information, forms, worksheets and other essential resources. You will work alongside a tutor who will help you to understand the content and improve your skills.
Your trainer for this course will be an experience and qualified health and safety consultant. They will be able to offer their experience within the specialty of risk management, guiding you based on their expertise. All tutors for this course are IOSH members.
This is a one day course.
How Will the Training Be Assessed?
When you have covered all of the training course material you will need to complete a written assessment in order to verify your knowledge. This assessment will take 30 minutes. If you receive a passing grade on the assessment, you will obtain your qualification – A Certificate in Safety for Directors and Executives by IOSH.
If you would like more information about this course, or any other programs we provide, please contact us today.