Classroom Course Introduction
The IOSH Safety for Senior Executives course is designed for businesses which employ in excess of 250 employees and offers training that will raise awareness of your moral, legal and financial responsibilities in the workplace. Delegates attending the course will be taught a number of skills which can help to control the health and safety in the workplace effectively. There are many topics covered in the IOSH course which include:
- The health and safety at Work Regulations 1999 and the Health and Safety at Work etc. 1974 and current legislations
- The penalties that might be imposed if there are any offences in regards to the health and safety laws and legislations, including corporate manslaughter
- The financial implications caused by accidents and employees who suffer with health conditions that are caused by their working conditions
- Understanding health and safety is a main line management function that begins at the top level managers and works down through the work force
- Know the procedures and documents that are required by legislations
- Understand that laws shift with an emphasis placed on a non-prescriptive approach that is best on risk assessments is the best practice under current laws
- Appoint competent persons who are able to monitor and advise on the health and safety functions
- IOSH Safety for Senior Executives
Which Examination Body is the Course Accredited By?
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
Who is the IOSH Safety for Senior Executives Course Aimed Towards?
The IOSH Safety for Senior Executives course is designed for those who are in a senior management position or similar. You do not need to have any previous qualifications to be accepted on the course.
Will I Gain a Recognised Health and Safety Qualification?
The qualification is moderated and awarded by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health and is a recognised certificate.
What is the Duration of the Training?
All of the topics and testing is completed in just one day of training. You can attend one of the multiple locations where the course is provided or choose to receive in-house training for your convenience.
How Will the IOSH Course be Assessed?
After the course materials have been covered you will need to show you have understood the elements by sitting a short assessment. If you are successful you will be awarded with the IOSH Safety for Senior Executives Certificate.
What are the Benefits for My Employers?
Health and safety has to start at the highest level of management. You will gain certification proving you are aware of the legal and moral responsibilities imposed by the laws and regulations. Sending your senior managers on this course will help to show you are complying with the law and working to reduce the risks in the workplace.