Classroom Course Introduction
Being able to effectively manage and reduce absentees and reduce the levels of staff turnover can help to reduce costs for businesses. The Health and Wellbeing at Work awarded by NEBOSH is designed to help companies achieve savings by promoting a healthy working environment and focusing on the wellbeing of employees at all levels.
- NEBOSH Certificate in the Management of Health and Wellbeing at Work
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
The learning outcomes of the course include:
- How to outline the nature of health and wellbeing in the workplace
- Promote and maintain the health of the workforce
- Be able to describe the role of management and the effects that health has on work
- Understand and outline the potential impact that substance abuse can have at work
- Know what constitutes to a healthy working environment
- Explain and understand the positive benefits that work has on health and the impact of working patterns on health
- Outline the responsibilities of health professionals, managers, HR teams and employees in the absence of management
- Explain the recording and monitoring of absences and why this is beneficial
- Outline the use of pre-screening, the fitness to work standards and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995
Who is the Management of Health and Wellbeing Course Aimed Towards?
This course is aimed at all employees in every sector and can be of great benefit for anyone looking to help manage the health and the wellbeing in the workplace.
Gain a Recognised NEBOSH Qualification
Successful delegates are awarded with a nationally recognised certificate from the National Examination board in Occupational Safety and Health.
The course is available at different locations and the duration of the course typically five days.
Assessment and Success
In order to pass the course you will need to pass a 2 hour written exam. You are also given a practical assessment. If you manage to pass the assessment and exam you will be awarded with the certificate.
Benefits for Employers
Employers can benefit by having a qualified professional helping to manage the health and wellbeing of their workforce. Healthy workers are far more productive and you can save money by reducing the amount of absences there are and covering the cost of staff cover required.