Distance Learning Course Introduction
The NEBOSH Diploma distance learning course is suited towards people who are looking to make a career in health and safety. This course has replaced the former Diplomas 1 and 2 which has been revised to meet the ENTO standards. All candidates and employers can gain excellent health and safety training by investing in this distance learning course. There are three units which are studied along with a common skills element and by the end of the training candidates will be able to:
- Help the management of health and safety within the workplace and apply control measures
- Give advice on health and safety issues which are in line with the Health and Safety Executive Guidelines and current legislation
- Use their knowledge on health and safety issues to create a safe and healthy working environment
- Use the GRADIOSH letters after they have enrolled for a period of IPD
- Gain CMIOSH chartered Status after two years of the Initial Professional Development. During the two years a portfolio will need to be created and candidates will need to attend an interview with the Privy Council
The three units focus on managing health and safety, hazardous agents and workplace and work equipment. There are ten topics in each unit and two in the common skills element which takes place at the beginning of the training.
Who is the Course Aimed Towards?
This course can be taken by anyone who wishes to focus more on health and safety. Ideal candidates are those who are interested in becoming a health and safety advisor, health and safety manager or a consultant. The NEBOSH National Diploma Distance Learning can also be used if candidates are looking to continuing into postgraduate studies.
Gain a Recognised and Top Quality Qualification
NEBOSH are the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health. This course is fully recognised and can even be used as full or partial entry into many universities in the UK that provide MSC programmes. The qualification qualifies all candidates for Graduation Membership with the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health. This course has been accepted by the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management and gives successful candidates the requirement qualification for full membership to the MIIRSM. Candidates are also able to use the letters DipNEBOSH after their name.
Being a distance learning course the NEBOSH Diploma can be taken at your own speed and at times to suit you. This means you are able to continue working or spending time with your family while learning. All candidates are given full support from a qualified tutor who can be contacted via email or over the phone. There is also an opportunity to communicate with fellow students for further support. This course is also avaliable in a classroom setting and in e-learning format.
Assessment and Success
During the course candidates will need to complete several assessments which will be marked by their tutor. Revision workshops are available before the end exam for anyone who wishes to attend which are located in Birmingham, London and Manchester. At the end of the course there is a three hour exam which is also able to be taken in numerous locations across the UK.
Additional Examination Fees
- NEBOSH Exam fees are £370.00 (no VAT) for the full course. This is made up of a £50.00 enrolment fee and £80 per unit.
Benefits for Employers
Employers who send their employees on the NEBOSH National Diploma Distance Learning course will benefit by having extremely knowledgeable health and safety staff within their organisation.