Classroom Course Introduction
The NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety course has been improved to ensure all delegates and employers can gain the most out of the qualification.
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
Once the course has been successfully completed the delegates will leave with multiple skills including:
- Being able to offer advice on health and safety issues regarding the Health and Safety
- Executive Guidelines and the current legislation
- Have in-depth knowledge on health and safety issues
- Have the skills to assist with the health and safety management and control measures within the organisation
There are a number of core elements that will be studied throughout the course and spread out over three units all of which have a common skills element that features communication and training skills.
Unit one covers the management of health and safety and has topics such as:
- Principles of health and safety management
- Loss causation
- Investigating accidents
- How to identify, evaluate and assess risks and hazards
- Principles of the health and safety laws and criminal law
- How to measure health and safety performance
In unit two delegates are taught about the hazardous agents in the workplace:
- Occupational health and hygiene
- Toxicology and epidemiology
- Evaluation chemical agent risks
- Hazardous substances – Preventing and protecting measures as well as monitoring and maintenance of control measures
- Physical agents including noise, vibration, radiation and thermal environments
- Ergonomic agents
The final unit is based on the workplace and work equipment covering:
- General issues
- Fires, explosions and fire precautions
- Storing, handling and the processing of dangerous substances
- Machinery and electrical safety
- Mechanical handling
- Construction and demolition
- Work equipment
- Pollution and waste management
Who is the NEBOSH Diploma Course Aimed Towards?
The course is designed for anyone who is looking to become health and safety practitioners. This is also a good option for individuals looking to progress in their career and build more in-depth skills in health and safety.
Gain a High Quality Occupational Health & Safety Qualification
The NEBOSH National Diploma course is fully recognised and can be used to progress your career. This course has replaced the Diplomas Part 1 and 2 so it is now including the revised ENTO standards. The certificate is issued by the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health.
Assessment and Success
The NEBOSH Diploma course can be passed by successfully completing the on-going assessments given during the course and the exams. There are three written assessments, one at the end of each unit and three exams lasing 3 hours each for each unit. Anyone enrolling on the course will be able to use the designated letters, GradIOSH for the period of Initial Professional Development. Delegates that complete a minimum of 2 years Initial Professional Development where they develop a portfolio of skills and take a professional review with the Privey Council will gain CMIOSH chartered status.
Recommended Prior Learning
It is recommended highly that all course attendees hold a current occupational health and safety qualification such as the NEBOSH General Certificate or the NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice.