Distance Learning Course Introduction
The NEBOSH General Certificate distance learning course provides excellent knowledge and skills for anyone who is responsible for the health and safety of an organisation. The course goes into the legal
framework and the moral and economic requirements of the good standards which are required. All
candidates will leave with the following skills and understanding:
- How to build, maintain and promote a good health and safety culture through communication
- The differences and importance of both reactive and proactive monitoring
- How to identify hazards and use risk assessments as well as recording any findings and reviewing procedures
- Identifying fire hazards and their risks, and learning how to reduce the risks
- Advising on control measures, reducing risks and safe systems of work within the organisation
- How to identify work environments which may cause ill health and how to develop preventative measures
- How to create reports into accidents and perform investigations
Who is the NEBOSH General Certificate Course Aimed Towards?
The ideal candidates for this course are managers, supervisors and anyone who has been given
health and safety responsibilities within an organisation. As this is a distance learning version of the
NEBOSH General Certificate busy employers can study the units in small sections either at work or
at home and still complete their daily duties with little to no interruptions.
Gain a Recognised and Reputable NEBOSH Qualification
NEBOSH are the awarding body of the General Certificate. They are the National Examination Board
in Occupational Safety and Health. The General Certificate is widely recognised both nationally and
internationally and is based on the British standards and the guidelines of the Health and Safety
Executive. This qualification is also available in e-learning format and in a classroom setting and in the workplace on-site provided by tutors.
Training Course Duration
The course is flexible as this is the NEBOSH General Certificate distance learning option. You can work out your own time table which will suit your current lifestyle and commitments. You can choose to complete the course as quickly as you can manage or spread out the amount of time you wish to take.
NEBOSH Certificate Assessment and Success
All candidates will need to successfully pass the two written exams which are provided during the
course. There is also a written practical assessment which will need to be handed in on time; the
date will be determined by your tutor. All those who successfully pass the assessments will be
awarded with the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
Additional Examination Fees
- One written exam: £80.00
- Two written exams (sat on the same day): £120.00
- Practical exam (carried out in your own workplace) £40.00
- Two written exams (sat on the same day) and a practical exam £145.00
Unit GC1 Revision Dates
Unit GC1 revision days are available for distance learning students. Please contact us to check dates, venues and availability. Cost for GC1 revision date is £85.00 + VAT per delegate.
Benefits for Employers
Employers must provide health and safety training to their employers that have any level of
responsibility in running the health and safety management within the organisation. The NEBOSH
General Certificate gives a good grounding of health and safety skills, the law and techniques used
to minimise risks. All successful candidates will gain a recognised and accredited qualification and
become an excellent asset to the organisation.