IMPORTANT NOTICE: It is Possible to Attend this in ‘Virtual Trainer’ Format During COVID-19
The ‘Virtual Trainer’ measure is designed to maintain training in the industry for supervisors and managers, ensuring an understanding of legislations and their impact on the workplace. During COVID-19 the NEBOSH General Certificate (Virtual Trainer) course can be attended at home.
Classroom Course Introduction
The NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety course is an excellent qualification that provides numerous learning outcomes for those which need health and safety training in the workplace. Delegates attending the course will be taught the legal framework and their moral and economic requirements for high standards of health and safety within the workforce. There is a strong emphasis on building strong communication skills to help develop and promote a good health and safety culture within the company.
Official Qualification Title
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
Attendees Will Learn
Tutors will guide delegates through:
- Understanding reactive and proactive monitoring measures
- How to identify hazards, perform risk assessments, review procedures and record findings
- How to advise on the strategies required to control hazards and reduce the risks
- How to apply safe systems of work
- Identifying the hazards of fire and the consequential risks
- How to advise on minimising risks from fire and create fire procedures
- Understand and be able to explain the procedures and processes for investigating and reporting accidents
- Be able to identify physical processes or work that cause ill health effects and how to recommends solutions and measures in order to reduce the risks Identifying the main features in the health and safety policy and health and safety auditing.
These Courses are Aimed Towards
The NEBOSH General Certificate course is the ideal course for managers, supervisors and non safety specialists among other personnel within your organisation that have health and safety responsibilities.
A Recognised Qualification
This is a qualification that is fully recognised in occupational health and safety awarded by the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health.
You have the choice of attending a tutor led course; the duration depends upon the date and location you choose to take the training. If you would like a more flexible approach to learning the course can also be completed at your own pace through distance learning or e-learning.
Course Assessment and Exam
This career-enhancing qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials, creating an engaging experience. It provides knowledge you can put into action immediately, adding value to your organisation.
The updated course now consists of two assessments:
- Unit NG1 – examined by a formal two-hour written exam.
- Unit NG2 – a practical risk assessment, carried out at your workplace, to assess your ability to apply that knowledge. This is longer than the previous GC3 assessment.
Both assessments are marked by external examiners, appointed by NEBOSH and chosen for their experience and expertise. You will be assessed by the very best in the industry.
If you are thinking about undertaking the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety qualification we recommend that you research the qualification prior to booking and paying for your course. The training is in-depth and requires your time, effort and willingness to successfully complete the course.
Employers will benefit from having employees that are trained in general health and safety and hold a recognised qualification. You can show compliance with the laws and help to promote a strong health and safety culture within your organisation.
It is not essential to have any prior health and safety training, however we highly recommend that you have already attended and passed the IOSH Managing Safely course or similar qualification.
Alternative Occupational Health and Safety Courses
There are many other occupational health and safety qualifications available in the marketplace, however the NEBOSH General Certificate is the most highly sought after occupational health and safety qualification of its kind. NEBOSH offer the full range of occupational health and safety courses including general health and safety, fire safety, environmental, construction, health and wellbeing.
If you are already competent in health and safety and you require a recognised qualification or certificate to prove your competence the City and Guilds accredited NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice could be the perfect course for you. This qualification does not require you to attend any training sessions. You will be required to build a portfolio of evidence in order to prove your competence in the areas specified.
Once you have completed the General Certificate we recommend that you gain some more work experience. If you decide to study further we recommend the NEBOSH Diploma. This qualification is for individuals who wish to pursue a career in occupational health and safety and become a health and safety consultant, practitioner or other.
Please note: studying the NEBOSH Diploma does not automatically qualify you to be a health and safety consultant or practitioner, this requires qualifications and experience before you are able to practice.