Classroom Course Introduction
The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety course is a unique standard award that helps organisations to adopt training that has internationally recognised. Throughout the course you will be provided with training that targets international health and safety standards and priorities and also focuses on the best ways to control hazards.
- NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
Delegates will be taught numerous transferable skills that can help to create and maintain a safe working environment. The IGC learning outcomes include:
- Developing, communication and promoting a strong safety and health culture within the organisation
- How to identify the key features of a health and safety policy
- How to prepare and create a performance review of a health and safety audit
- Understanding the best practice standards through HSG65 and 18001
- Understanding moral and economic requirements regarding health and safety
- The importance of reactive and proactive monitoring measures
- Performing risk assessments, identifying hazards, recording findings and reviewing the procedures
- How to advise on controlling hazards, safe systems of work and reducing risks
- Identifying fire hazards and the risks, minimalizing fires risks and developing safety procedures
- Explaining procedures and processes for reporting and investigating accidents
Who is the NEBOSH International General Certificate Course Aimed Towards?
This course is designed for those who are working outside of the UK, employees of multinational businesses and non UK nationals. The NEBOSH International Certificate course is specifically aimed towards managers, supervisors and worker representatives who have health and safety responsibilities and non-safety specialists.
Gain a Top Quality NEBOSH Qualification
The certificate is recognised on an international scale and awarded by the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health.
The course is offered in two ways; you can attend a classroom based course or distance learning so the amount of time you take depends on which way you intend to train.
Assessment and Success
Assessment is carried out through examinations. If you are successful in passing the exams you will be awarded with the NEBOSH International Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety approximately 12 weeks after you finish the course and exams.
Benefits for Employers
Employers can work towards implementing internationally recognised health and safety within their international organisation. This will work towards reducing accidents and incidents in the workplace.