The aim of this Level 2 Diploma Decorative Finishing and Painting Occupations – Painter course is to provide painters and finishers with the skills they need to work well in the construction industry. Once they’ve finished the course, learners will be able to demonstrate to employers that they’re able to competently paint and perform all of the associated duties to the standard the industry requires. The NVQ is a powerful means of providing this demonstration, as it’s recognised more widely than perhaps any other qualification.
Who is this Decorative Finishing & Painting Course For?
This NVQ Level 2 in Decorative Finishing and Painting course is geared toward painters looking to obtain a Blue CSCS Card or a Skilled Worker Card. Learners will also need to be over the age of sixteen.
An NVQ is structured in such a way as to provide a broad base of knowledge general to the construction industry, as well as a more in-depth exploration of a given specialisation. This course is no different. Learners will complete six mandatory modules, titled as follows:
- Storing, Moving and Handling Resources in the Workplace.
- Conforming to Safety, Health and Welfare in the Workplace.
- Surface Preparation for Painting and Decorating in the Workplace
- Dismantling and Erecting Working/Access Platforms in the Workplace.
- The Application of Paint Systems by Roller or Brush in the Workplace.
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace.
The following eight modules are optional, and will not contribute toward your minimum credit requirement:
- Hanging standard wallpaper
- Applying coatings by the air spray method
- Installing decorative mouldings and coving
- Producing broken colour-work
- Hanging wide-width vinyls
- Applying and producing complex stencil designs
- Applying coatings to produce textured finishes
- Producing stencil designs using pre-cut stencil plates
You’ll take between 9-18 months to complete this NVQ 2 Painter course.
Assessment / Examination
This Level 2 Diploma Decorative Finishing and Painting Occupations – Painter course will be assessed in the workplace, using a combination of observation, witness testimony, discussion and other evidence. You’ll also be asked to complete a few written questions. This varied approach allows us to develop a complete picture of your competencies.
How to Enrol
If you’d like to take the first step toward progressing your career, then don’t hesitate to contact us, alternatively you can make a provisional booking online, after which you will be contacted by one of our training coordinators.