This NVQ Level 2 Formwork (Construction) course has been devised to provide construction industry workers with a solid understanding of formwork. By the end, they’ll be able to demonstrate the expertise and competence required by the industry. They’ll do so via the NVQ Level 2 qualification – which is recognised throughout the industry.
Who is this NVQ 2 Formwork Construction Course For?
If you’re involved in formwork, then the chances are that you’ll benefit from this course. In particular, workers and site operatives looking to gain the Blue CSCS Card or Skilled Worker Card will benefit. You’ll need to be employed in a suitable position, and be at least sixteen years old, in order to be considered for the course.
NVQ qualifications consist of a range of modules, each covering a specific area. Some of these modules are mandatory, while others are optional. They’ll provide general skills which should prove useful to every sort of construction worker, as well as more specific ones particular to formwork. In this course, there are five mandatory units:
- Striking and Erecting Timber and Proprietary Formwork
- Conforming to the Productive Working Practices
- Maintaining and Fabricating Timber and Proprietary Formwork Systems
- Conforming to the General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Storing, Handling and Moving Resources
As well as four additional optional units, which do not contribute to minimum credit requirements:
- Operating and Preparing Boom-Type Mobile Elevating Work Platforms – MEWPs
- Operating and Preparing Scissor-Type Mobile Elevating Work Platforms – MEWPs
- Hand Signalling and Slinging the Movement of Suspended Loads
- Preparing and Operating Mast Climber-Type Mobile Elevating Work Platforms – MEWPs
From start to finish, this NVQ Level 2 course will take approximately 9-18 months.
Assessment / Examination
Learners will be assessed in the workplace. This NVQ assessment uses a combination of observation, written questions, witness testimonials and professional discussions. Using this information, we’ll be able to accurately judge your competence as a formwork professional.
How to Enrol
Are you a construction worker with an interest in Formwork? Get in touch, either via our online contact form, or make a provisional booking online. We’ll discuss your requirements and, if it looks like the course would make a good match for you, we’ll appoint you an assessor and get started!