This NVQ Level 2 Plant Operations – Fork-Lift Trucks course has been devised for fork-lift truck drivers working in the construction industry. Upon completion, learners will have achieved NVQ level 2. It’s a qualification that recognised across the industry as competency-based and dependable. With it, you’ll be able to demonstrate that you can drive a fork-lift truck to the standard expected by the industry.
Who is NVQ Level 2 Plant Operations Course For?
Workers looking to obtain a Blue CPCS Card, or Blue Competent Operator Card, will benefit from this course. It’ll provide practical guidance and instruction in how to drive a fork-lift truck, and it will assess the learner’s progress and ability in a professional environment. You’ll be able to learn as you work – but you’ll first need a position where you can drive a forklift truck. You’ll also need to be at least sixteen years old in order to be considered.
Like all construction NVQ courses, this one is divided into core components general to construction work, and more focussed modules which deal with forklift trucks in particular. The two mandatory core modules are:
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace.
For those following the fork-lift- truck pathway, there are also an additional five optional modules to pursue:
- Preparing and operating industrial forklift trucks to transfer and lift loads in the workplace
- Operating and preparing reach trucks to lift and transfer loads in the workplace
- Preparing and operating reach trucks to lift and transfer loads in the workplace
- Preparing and operating telescopic handlers to transfer and lift loads in the workplace
- Operating and preparing side-loader forklifts to lift and transfer loads in the workplace
Duration of the Course
The NVQ Level 2 Plant Operations – Fork-Lift Trucks course lasts between 9-18 months.
Assessment / Examination
You’ll be assessed as you operate a fork lift truck in a professional environment. This NVQ assessment will take place using several different methods. We’ll observe the work being carried out, and discuss it with you. We’ll collect testimony from witnesses to your truck-driving, and we’ll also ask that you complete some written questions. Through this combination of approaches we’ll obtain a complete picture of your competency as a fork-lift-truck operator.
How to Enrol
Would you like to further your career in construction by enrolling in this, or any other, NVQ? Be sure to get in touch with us or make a provisional booking online. Once we’ve gotten talking, you’ll have completed your first step toward progressing your career and national vocational qualification in construction!