This NVQ Level 6 Construction Site Management course has been constructed to support site managers who’d like to expand their competencies. The NVQ is a standard that’s widely-recognised, and relied upon by thousands of employers. The course is therefore an excellent means of demonstrating an ability to perform the job to the required standard.
Who is this NVQ 6 Building & CE Course For?
Construction site managers looking to gain a Black CSCS Card or a Manager Card will find that this NVQ Level 6 Construction Site Management – Building & CE course provides a useful way forward. To be considered for enrolment, you’ll need to hold an existing position as a site manager. You’ll also need to be at least sixteen years old.
This course is structured in much the same way as other NVQs. At its core, there are eight modules which provide site managers of all sorts with the skills they need to thrive.
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
- Establishing, Implementing and Maintaining Systems for Managing Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Evaluating and Selecting Work Methods to Meet Project or Operational Requirements in the Workplace
- Monitoring Construction Related Project Activities in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Progress Against Agreed Quality Standards in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- Managing Personal Development in a Construction-Related Workplace
On top of these, there are an additional eleven modules which the learner will need to complete in order to progress along the Building and Civil Engineering pathway:
- Identifying and Enabling Learning Opportunities for Given Work Teams in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Identification of Work Teams in the Workplace
- Establishing, Controlling and Monitoring Environmental Factors and Sustainability in the Workplace
- Planning The Preparation of the Site for the Project or Operation in the Workplace
- Ensuring that Work Activities and Resources Meet Project Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Identifying, Allocating and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- Organising, Controlling and Monitoring Supplies of Materials in the Workplace
- Establishing and Monitoring Communication Systems and Organisational Procedures in the Workplace
- Establishing Project Dimensional Control Criteria in the Workplace Controlling Project Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
- Evaluating Feedback Information and Recommending Improvements in the Workplace
There are no optional units included in this course.
This NVQ Level 6 Construction Site Management – Building & CE course is approximately 9-18 months long.
Assessment / Examination
Assessment will take place on-site through a variety of methods. These include observation, written questions, witness testimony, professional discussion, and other evidence gathered from the workplace. This variety of assessment techniques will allow you to comprehensively demonstrate your competence in your role.
How to Enrol
To sign up for an NVQ 6 in Construction Site Management you can contact us either using our online contact form or by making a provisional booking online. We’ll assess your suitability and assign you an assessor, who’ll guide you through the rest of the process. Once you’re done, you might then progress to the NVQ Level 7 Construction Senior Management.