Health and safety is essential to just about any workplace. This course will provide a thorough grounding in the subject. It’s a NVQ Level 6 in Occupational Health and Safety, which covers every aspect of workplace risk-reduction, and which spans 1064 hours of study, 532 of which are guided by expert tutors.
This NVQ Level 6 in Occupational Health and Safety course has been composed with candidates older than 19 in mind. There are, however, no formal entry requirements. Over the course of their studies, students will monitor their own progress using a list of modules and units.
How is the NVQ Level 6 Course Structured?
There are ten units in total, and all of them are mandatory. Students will learn how to:
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Develop and implement the health and safety policy
- Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety
- Identify, assess and control health and safety risks
- Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice
How is the NVQ Course Assessed?
Each student will be assessed internally. To demonstrate the required level of competence, successful students must maintain a portfolio of evidence. This contains proof of every achievement. This proof could comprise anything from written examinations to records of oral questioning.
Upon finishing the course, two certificates will be issued to students. One provides a comprehensive list of all the units completed (even if the student didn’t complete the entire course successfully). The second provides proof of successful completion, and will detail the name of the student and that of the qualification.
Who is the NVQ 5 Health and Safety Course Aimed Towards?
This diploma is designed specifically for anyone who is already involved in health and safety at a management level. By gaining this qualification candidates can progress in their career, accept new responsibilities and take on new roles within their organisation.
There are no formal qualifications required to attend the course, however it’s helpful if candidates have previously taken a health and safety course such as the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
Benefits for Employers
Employers choosing to send their health and safety managers on the course will benefit by having formally trained experts applying their knowledge and expertise into the health and safety of their organisation. Health and safety incidents and accidents can cause serious problems for businesses, such as serious financial strain, legal complications, fines and imprisonment and ruin reputations. By managing your health and safety effectively these problems can be reduced and avoided.
If you feel the NVQ Diploma Level 6 in Occupational Health and Safety course is too advanced and you would like to gain the prior qualification view the NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Health and Safety