CITB SEATS – Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme
How much consideration does your construction company place on the environment? It is important to be aware of the environment when carrying out construction projects and the CITB SEATS (Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme) is a program designed to help improve your knowledge of environmental issues.
New Legislation for Construction Workers on UKCG Sites
New legislation is coming in to effect from March 2015 for all construction workers on UKCG sites. UKCG is the United Kingdom Contractors Group who are the primary association for construction contractors operating in the UK. The legislation stipulates that all construction workers have to illustrate that they are doing everything they can to reduce the environmental impact of their activities.
This will effect all UKCG member companies who have to demonstrate they have the environmental knowledge and skills to undertake their roles effectively. One of the training courses to demonstrate this & ensure compliance to the standard is via CITB’s SEATS. This becomes mandatory to all UKCG sites from March 2015.
What are some of the benefits to paying attention to environmental management that your organisation can enjoy? Here are a few of the advantages:
- Your company will enjoy cost savings by using more efficient and less wasteful processes and materials
- Your corporate image will improve, creating a positive impression as a company that values the environment
- You will not be putting yourself at risk of negative attention from environmental advocate groups
This CITB accredited SEATS course is designed for those who are in a managerial or supervisory role in the construction workplace. It will give these workers an awareness of the environmental issues that have an impact on their organisation. The course will ensure that all supervisors and managers have the knowledge that they need to understand environmental issues and how they affect their business. This type of environmental knowledge is required within the sub-contract chain and this regulatory compliance will be required by pretty much all major contractors.
The SEATS training course is an in-classroom learning opportunity and it is designed so that candidates will learn via the classroom based tutorials as well as case studies. It will also cover all of the important environmental aspects of the touch-screen test on Health and Safety and Environment.
How Long Does it Last?
- One Day
Where is the Course Located?
- A number of different venues throughout the UK
What Does the SEATS Training Include?
The Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme will cover several important topics, such as:
- How to be a responsible contractor and respect environmental issues
- How to manage your energy and resources effectively
- How to be a good neighbour when managing a construction project, especially when it comes to archeology, communications, heritage and statutory nuisance.
- How to properly manage waste within a construction project
- How to incorporate an understanding of environmental issues into how work is carried out on the construction site
- How to legally comply to environmental regulations within the construction industry
- The best practice techniques that your business should be following in order to practice environmental safety in the workplace
- The course sessions will cover these important pointers by explaining essential dos and don’ts as well as providing sources of further information. Participants in the course will be encouraged to participate in discussion and ask questions in order to clarify the information being shared.
What is Required to Take the Environmental Course?
The environmental course does not have any prerequisites; the only requirement is that participants must have good spoken and written English skills.
This course will be assessed with a 25 question multiple choice test. To find out more about this course, or the other training sessions we have to offer, feel free to contact us at any time.
CITB Levy Payers