The IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management provides detailed knowledge of environment and sustainability principles, and will arm you with management tools and skills to deliver positive change. The IEMA Certificate is the route to Practitioner Membership of IEMA (PIEMA).
It is aimed at staff who already have a foundation level of environmental/ sustainability knowledge (gained from work experience or through a course such as the IEMA Foundation Certificate).
Benefits of achieving the IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management:
- Boost your career prospects – highly regarded by employers
- Contribute fully to improving the environmental sustainability of your organisation
- Meets the requirements for Practitioner Membership of IEMA (PIEMA)
RRC offer you more than any other IEMA provider:
- 90 years experience in training & education
- Choice of learning methods
- Above average exam pass rates
- Teaching and support from a team of expert tutors
The IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management is made up of three Modules:
Module 1: Fundamentals of sustainability, business and governance
- Implications of global trends for the environment, society, the economy and for organisations and the role of an environment/sustainability professional in overcoming these challenges
- Sustainable business/governance models and principles
Module 2: Environmental principles, policy and legislation
- Environmental principles
- Major policy and legislation
Module 3: Environmental management/assessment tools and skills
- Major tools, techniques, systems and practices to develop sustainable products and services and improve sustainability performance
- The role of innovation in developing sustainable products, services and solutions
- Data collection, critical analysis and information reporting to inform decision making
- Problem identification and opportunity assessment for delivery of innovative and sustainable products and services
- Effective communications
- Stakeholder identification and engagement
- Tools, techniques, systems and practices to identify opportunities and risks
- Project and programme delivery to achieve performance improvements
- Implementing change and transformation
The IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management is assessed by:
- Assignments for each module – these are set by IEMA but marked by RRC
- An assessment of competence – this is a practical application (this forms Module 4 of the programme) and is submitted to IEMA for marking. It can only be submitted after all the other modules have been successfully completed.
IEMA Certificate Online
- Available 24/7 Worldwide
- Around 120 hours of study including Online exams (can be completed in 6-12 months)
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
- RRC Guaranteed Support
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the IEMA study text to download for offline study
Are there any entry requirements?
There are no specific entry requirements for the course, however some prior knowledge of environmental issues is recommended.
How long does the course take to complete?
The classroom course takes 15 days to complete, and Online around 120 hours to complete.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The assessments can be re-sat if they are not passed.
Can I complete the exam online?
If you are studying RRC’s online course, the assessment can be completed online through the IEMA portal.
What is the difference between online, live online, e-learning and distance learning?
Live Online is delivered in real time through zoom and is very similar to a classroom course. The tutor will deliver the course with breaks to allow time for group work, exercises and private study. Online & e-learning are just different words for the same thing and mean a flexible self study course delivery with tutor support you can access via email. Distance Learning, means learning at a distance but is commonly used to describe the more traditional paper based study.
Do I have to pay VAT if I am based outside the UK?
Only companies outside of the UK who can provide a valid VAT number will be exempt from VAT. All individuals irrespective of their location will have to pay VAT.